Version dated August 2020
For the purpose of this notice the words “we” / “us” / “our” are in reference to the data controllers defined below.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This notice sets out how we will treat your personal data.
What information do we collect?
When you use Eminente website and our services, we collect personal data directly from you or automatically.
We may process the following categories of personal data:
• Personal data collected directly from you:
- Identification data such as your first name, last name, gender, title, date of birth, postal address, delivery information, email address and phone number.
- Data regarding your consumption habits such as your order history.
- Content of the video you create (as the case may be).
- Banking data such as payment details.
• Personal data automatically collected:
- Login data such as your IP address, your terminal specificities and your logs.
Personal data is collected directly from you, except when you are a gift recipient in which case source of collection of your personal data is the gift purchaser. In such case, the following information is collected indirectly: first name, last name, email address and delivery address.
If you provide us with personal data from third parties, you confirm that you are authorized to do so. We will use this information only for the purpose of providing or fulfilling the respective service.
What about cookies?
For more information regarding cookies, please read our Cookies Notice.
How do you use my personal data?
We collect and process your personal data for the purposes listed below.
In order to perform a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (legal basis: art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR):
- Create an account on Eminente website.
- Handle orders, deliver products, process payments and communicate with you about your orders.
In order to comply with our legal obligations (legal basis: art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR):
- Processing in connection with legal claims and compliance purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal processes or litigation).
Based on your prior consent (legal basis: art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR):
- Use of certain types of cookies.
- Send you updates, newsletters and other special offers from Eminente (unless we rely on derogations).
Based on our legitimate interests (legal basis: art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR), which are not overridden by your data protection rights, to:
- Ensure the security and integrity of Eminente website and its users, and the compliance with our Terms & Conditions.
- Improve our products and services and the client relationship.
- Communicate with you via “Contact Us”.
- Produce general statistics and understand your preferences better.
- Show you targeted advertisements and find other people like you within your social media networks (by uploading and matching your personal data - e.g. email address - you have provided to us with information you have supplied to the social media platform).
- Run satisfaction surveys.
- Detect and prevent frauds.
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will make it clear where there is a statutory or contractual (mandatory) requirement to provide personal data and the consequences of not providing the data (for example, that we will not be able to process your order).
Recipients of personal data
In accordance with law, we may share your personal data with:
- Our affiliates, to provide you with relevant content and services.
- Our payment services providers.
- Our processors providing us with hosting services.
- Our processors providing us with support and other marketing services (customer care, statistical analysis services).
- Social networks.
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation, alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any of our other users to legal liability.
- The purchaser, or prospective purchaser, of any business or asset which we are, or are contemplating, selling.
- And their sub-processors.
The website may contain links to other websites for reference purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, privacy notices or practices of third party websites in these circumstances. Please contact them directly for more information.
We may transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. In application of art. 46.2(c) of the GDPR, we have put in place European Commission approved standard contractual clauses to protect this data. You have a right to ask us for a copy of these clauses (by contacting us as set out below).
For any questions regarding data transfers outside the European Economic Area, you can contacts us at the address set out below (“Controllers of personal data and questions” section).
Data retention periods are listed in the table below.
Please note however that appropriate data related to subscription of current services will be deleted one (1) month after you have notified us that you want to unsubscribe to such services.
Data processing Data retention period Creation and management of your account on Eminente website Deletion after 3 years of inactivity Handling of orders and delivery of products, and services 10 years in archived after the validation of the order Online payments processing Relevant banking data is accessible to us until transaction is completed Communication with you via contact form Duration of the claim and 3 years from the date of the resolution. If legal action : duration of the procedure until full execution of the Court decision or settlement agreement Sending of updates, newsletters and other special offers from Eminente 3 years after the last contact from you Show advertisements on your social network newsfeed and to other people like you 3 years after the last contact from you Security and integrity of Eminente website Duration of security and integrity processes which may vary according to the operations carried out (3 to 6 months) Fraud detection and prevention Duration of the investigation (3 to 6 months) and then duration of the legal proceedings (if so)
We may update this notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may also notify you of changes to our notice by email.
Under the GDPR you may have different data subject rights (art. 15-18 and 20-21 GDPR). You may ask us for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase it or to transfer it to other organisations at your request. You also have rights to establish instructions for the management of your data after death, to object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations (for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data).
In order to respond to your request we may need to ask you to provide proof of identity or additional information. We will endeavour to respond your request as soon as possible.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, in application art. 77 of the GDPR, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities.
Should you have any questions about this notice or our processing of your personal data, please write to us at the address set out below (“Controllers of personal data and questions” section).
Are children allowed to use our website?
We do not sell products or services for purchase by children. When placing an order you confirm you are aged 18 or over.
Updating information about myself
Please let us know if the personal data which we hold about you needs to be rectified or updated by contacting us as set out below (“Controllers of personal data and questions” section).
Controllers of personal data and questions
The data controllers are:
- Moët Hennessy UK Ltd, registered in England with company number 371236 and whose registered office is at 18 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0DH; and
- Rum Enterprise SAS registered in France with company number 879 041 770 RCS Paris and whose registered office is at 65, avenue de la Grande Armée, 75116 Paris.
Should you have any questions about this notice or our treatment of your personal data, please:
- write to us at “Moët Hennessy UK Ltd, 18 Grosvenor Gardens, London, SW1W 0DH”; or
- send us an email at: email@example.com.
Cookies - what are they?
A "cookie" is a piece of information, like a tag, that is stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. It can help identify your device (like your PC or mobile phone) whenever you visit that website.
Cookies are used by most major websites including ours. To make the best use of our website, on whichever device you use, you'll need to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies.
What are cookies used for?
- Give you a better online experience by displaying a customised editorial content based on what you have previously viewed.
- Allow you to set personal preferences (remember your login detail, choose a country and a language, add items to your bag).
- Protect your security.
- Measure and improve our service.
- Work with partners and measure the audience.
So what information is kept by the cookie?
A cookie will typically hold:
- The name of the website that it has come from.
- How long the cookie will stay on your device.
- A value (usually a randomly generated unique number).
The cookies we set
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
• Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details cannot be provided.
• Functionality Cookies : These cookies remember choices you make such as the location you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be non-directly identifiable and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
How long do cookies stay on my computer?
Session cookies - these cookies only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customised for you for that visit.
Persistent cookies - these cookies are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the site. The lifespan of such cookies will not exceed twelve (12) months from date of consent.
What can I do to manage cookies stored on my computer or phone
What happens if I don’t accept cookies?
If you decline cookies, some aspects of the site may not work on your computer or mobile phone and you may not be able to access areas you want on the website. For this reason we recommend that you accept cookies.